- This course is intended for all managers who should know the requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the consequences of non-compliance.
- Explains the legislative framework of health, safety and environmental legislation at the workplace.
- Demonstrates knowledge pertaining to the requirements regarding a company's health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and codes.
- Explains the implementation and maintenance of health, safety and environmental legislation in a workplace.
· Basic introduction to OHS.
· Importance of legal compliance.
· Composition of the OHS Act.
· Significant terms and definitions.
· Fundamental elements of effective safety management.
· Good organisational governance and safety management.
· Assessing safety risks.
· Achieving SHE excellence.
· The role of the CEO and the general duties of management.
· Imposed relationship between line management and the safety practitioner.
· General duties of manufacturers and sale of articles.
· General duties of employees and employee involvement.
· Health and Safety Representatives and Committees.
· Reportable injuries and occupational diseases.
· Personal safety equipment and facilities.
· Acts or omissions; exemptions, third party agreements and penalties.
· Establishing an effective SHE system.
Duration 8 Hours (1 Day)
NQF Level: 4
Have you wondered how to inspect a fire extinguisher? It is of utmost importance that you and your colleagues know how to use a fire extinguisher if a fire breaks out in your building. Watch the following video, where all your questions will be answered.
"Do you know how to administer first aid? Almost all of us remember some basic things about the rules of providing first aid. But is our knowledge correct, or is what we know too fragmented to be useful? Knowing basic first aid methods is very important, but it’s crucial to perform them correctly so as not to compromise the life you’re trying to save." - Bright Side.
Having a competent OHS Manager could save your life.