- This course is intended for all managers who should know the requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the consequences of non-compliance.
- Explains the legislative framework of health, safety and environmental legislation at the workplace.
- Demonstrates knowledge pertaining to the requirements regarding a company's health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and codes.
- Explains the implementation and maintenance of health, safety and environmental legislation in a workplace.
· Basic introduction to OHS.
· Importance of legal compliance.
· Composition of the OHS Act.
· Significant terms and definitions.
· Fundamental elements of effective safety management.
· Good organisational governance and safety management.
· Assessing safety risks.
· Achieving SHE excellence.
· The role of the CEO and the general duties of management.
· Imposed relationship between line management and the safety practitioner.
· General duties of manufacturers and sale of articles.
· General duties of employees and employee involvement.
· Health and Safety Representatives and Committees.
· Reportable injuries and occupational diseases.
· Personal safety equipment and facilities.
· Acts or omissions; exemptions, third party agreements and penalties.
· Establishing an effective SHE system.
Duration 8 Hours (1 Day)
NQF Level: 4
Police are investigating the death of three pupils at a Vanderbijlpark High School this morning. The learners died after a walkway collapsed at Hoërskool Driehoek early this morning. Three males and one female are among the deceased. Twenty-three other pupils were injured. For more we cross to reporter Lopang Alamu in Vanderbijlpark.
For more news, visit: sabcnews.com
Tens of thousands of hectares of vegitation have been destroyed in wildfires in the Garden Route. EWN visited families who lost their homes in the blaze.
Via EWN News
Which life-saving skills should everyone know? How to save someone's life in a critical situation? Did you know that hydrogen peroxide and iodine could be dangerous for you? Here are several of the most widely spread mistakes people make when performing first aid.
Via Bright Side